Yale Tha Last Day

 Speaking about my summer in 2022, it was so much valuable. During the 35 days staying here at Yale, I learned a lot. They are about the culture here, the community at Yale, of course, English, and especially and surprisingly, about myself. Being an international student in the US made me learn much more about myself. That is because I was experiencing true diversity, and I was literally one of the diverse people who had each background, identity, and idea. 


This is what I wrote about my first impression of Yale when at the very beginning of our writing class.

“Finally, I would like to talk about myself in my life at Yale. Since coming here, I have learned to value Individuality naturally. Personally, I felt that on this campus, there are literally a diverse group of people living their lives the way they want to. I feel like everyone is telling me that I don't have to worry about anything in particular, and I feel like less time is wasted on stereotypes and conflicts that don't matter. Although I understand that freedom comes with responsibility, I enjoy living my life the way I want to here.”

I can tell that again. This idea remains in my mind for now. But I also got to know my weakness, immatureness, and ignorance. My preference, concept of value, and point of view were all apparent to me. I realized what I was trapped by. I learned what I had kept cherishing. I got in which part I am proud of myself. Then I realized that I like being with people, but also I love spending time alone (actually, I think I need it).

I learned how my environment where I had grown up is special, but also how easily people get used to their happiness set in front of them and being unconscious about them.

I realized how much the passage of time was bothering me, pushing my body, the pressure society was putting on me, and how much stress it was causing me to grow and become more mature and thoughtful because of it. I realized that there are so many different people in the world, and I feel so small. I felt like I was worrying about things that I really didn't need to worry about. (/I do; maybe it's an ongoing thing.) But I think the effort and time I spent on it was not ridiculous at all. I know pain and shadows so that I can understand them, and the experience of suffering has broadened my world. It has deepened my humanity. I believe that humanity is built through experience. There are people who are born good, but there are no people who are born with great humanity. A good person is not necessarily a great human being. It is wonderful to be a good person, but a person with great humanity has more than just superficial kindness. It is thoughtfulness and, above all, breadth of vision. Symbolics of the breadth of vision is vocabulary, use of words, experiences, preferences, and the way they verbalize their feelings, attitude, facial expressions, and mood. (← all in parallel) There is something that comes across beyond the language barrier. It is truly strange. But I think this is the only thread that unites human beings, the hearts of human beings on earth. This is the reason why people learn each other's language and translate.

Honestly, I have too many ideas right now and I don’t have a conherent story, but I can say that 


コメント

人気の投稿